Che (Movie Tie-In Edition)
Trade Paperback · 171 Pages
$14.95 U.S. · $18.00 CAN
Recommended for These Courses
- Area Studies: Latin American Studies
- History: General
- History: Latin American Studies
- History: Revolutionary History
- Latin American Studies: General
- Political Science: General
- Political Science: Political Theory and History
The book of the new, two-part epic movie on Che Guevara starring Benicio Del Toro as the legendary revolutionary.
Director Steven Soderbergh has based his two-part movie "Che" (Part 1: The Argentine and Part 2: Guerrilla) on two classic diaries written by Che Guevara: Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War (an account of the guerrilla movement led by Fidel Castro that overthrew the Batista dictatorship in 1959) and Bolivian Diary (Che’s famous, unfinished diary discovered in his backpack when he was captured and killed in Bolivia in October 1967).
Che includes a selection from each book, showing the young Argentine’s evolution from the wide-eyed medical student of the Motorcycle Diaries-era to the revolutionary hero the world knows as Che.
- Key excerpts from Che’s Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War, his final Bolivian Diary, and his fiery address to the UN General Assembly, New York in December 1964.
- Che’s first encounter with Fidel Castro in Mexico, when he immediately commits himself to join the guerrilla expedition to Cuba.
- The dramatic moment when Che has to decide his future either as a doctor or a guerrilla fighter, symbolized by the choice of two backpacks: one with medicine, the other with ammunition.
- Che’s poetic letter to his parents before he sets out on the fateful Bolivia mission.
- Maps, chronology, and a useful glossary.
- 24 pages of original photos from the period
- Movie tie-in cover.
- Blurbs by Benicio del Toro and Steven Soderbergh.
Also published in Spanish this season is Che: Los Diarios de Ernesto Che Guevara, 978–1-921235–48–1.
About the Author
Order from an online bookseller
- Barnes and Noble
Find a local bookseller
- Barnes and Noble (Store Locator)
- Books-A-Million (Store Finder)
- Borders (Store Locator)
- Chapters/Coles/Indigo (Canadian Store Locator)
- Hastings (Store Locator)
- IndieBound (Independent Booksellers National Directory)
- WalMart (Store Finder)
(Check your local Yellow Pages for a bookstore near you.)
International online orders
- Amazon.ca (Canada)
- Amazon.fr (France)
- Amazon.de (Germany)
- Amazon.co.jp (Japan)
- Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom)
- Chapters.Indigo.ca (Canada)
Domestic and International offline orders
The Perseus Books Group
Customer Service Department
1094 Flex Drive
Jackson, TN 38301