Trade Paperback · 125 Pages
$12.95 U.S. · $15.50 CAN · €9.99 E.U.
City Lights Publishers
Recommended for These Courses
- Language and Literature: Biography and Autobiography
- Political Science: Biography and Autobiography
- Political Science: General
Ralph Rumney has been in constant flight from the wreckage of postwar Europe. Crossing paths with every avant-garde of the past fifty years, he was one of the founding members of the Situationist International. Rumney’s traveling companions—Guy Debord, Yves Klein, Marcel Duchamp, Georges Bataille, William Burroughs, Félix Guattari, E.P. Thompson—are recalled here with sharp intelligence and dry wit.
Profusely illustrated with Rumney’s own photos, paintings, and collages and other documentary materials.
Ralph Rumney (b. 1934), a vicar’s son, turned down places at Oxford and art school to go to London in 1951, where he began painting. He was married to Pegeen Guggenheim and, later, to Michèle Bernstein. He lives in southern France, with his cat, Borgia.
Order from an online bookseller
- Barnes and Noble
Find a local bookseller
- Barnes and Noble (Store Locator)
- Books-A-Million (Store Finder)
- Borders (Store Locator)
- Chapters/Coles/Indigo (Canadian Store Locator)
- Hastings (Store Locator)
- IndieBound (Independent Booksellers National Directory)
- WalMart (Store Finder)
(Check your local Yellow Pages for a bookstore near you.)
International online orders
- Amazon.ca (Canada)
- Amazon.fr (France)
- Amazon.de (Germany)
- Amazon.co.jp (Japan)
- Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom)
- Chapters.Indigo.ca (Canada)
Domestic and International offline orders
The Perseus Books Group
Customer Service Department
1094 Flex Drive
Jackson, TN 38301