Trade Paperback · 240 Pages
$16.95 U.S. · €11.99 E.U.
New Society Publishers
Recommended for These Courses
- Business and Economics: Economics / General
- Business and Economics: Environmental Economics
- Political Science: Environmental Policy
- Political Science: Public Policy and Administration
- Science and Advanced Math: Environmental Conservation and Protection
- Science and Advanced Math: Science / General
The twentieth century saw unprecedented growth in population, energy consumption, and food production. As the population shifted from rural to urban, human impacts on the environment increased dramatically.
The twenty-first century ushered in an era of declines, including:
- Oil, natural gas, and coal extraction
- Yearly grain harvests
- Climate stability
- Economic growth
- Fresh water
- Minerals and ores such as copper and platinum
To adapt to this profoundly different world, we must begin now to make radical changes to our attitudes, behaviors, and expectations.
Now in paperback and featuring a new author preface and discussion guide, Peak Everything addresses many of the cultural, psychological, and practical changes we will have to make as nature dictates our new limits. This landmark book from Richard Heinberg, author of three of the most important books on Peak Oil, touches on the vital aspects of the human condition at this unique moment in time.
A combination of wry commentary and sober forecasting on subjects as diverse as farming and industrial design, this book describes how to make the transition from The Age of Excess to the Era of Modesty with grace and satisfaction, while preserving the best of our collective achievements. Peak Everything is a must-read for individuals, business leaders, and policy makers serious about effecting real change.
Richard Heinberg is a journalist, lecturer, senior fellow-in-residence at the Post Carbon Institute, and the author of nine books, including Blackout and The Party’s Over. He is one of the world’s foremost Peak Oil educators.
About the Author
Order from an online bookseller
- Barnes and Noble
Find a local bookseller
- Barnes and Noble (Store Locator)
- Books-A-Million (Store Finder)
- Borders (Store Locator)
- Chapters/Coles/Indigo (Canadian Store Locator)
- Hastings (Store Locator)
- IndieBound (Independent Booksellers National Directory)
- WalMart (Store Finder)
(Check your local Yellow Pages for a bookstore near you.)
International online orders
- Amazon.ca (Canada)
- Amazon.fr (France)
- Amazon.de (Germany)
- Amazon.co.jp (Japan)
- Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom)
- Chapters.Indigo.ca (Canada)
Domestic and International offline orders
The Perseus Books Group
Customer Service Department
1094 Flex Drive
Jackson, TN 38301